1. Belittle your child
2. Use threats
3. Bribe your child
4. Extract promises of better conduct from your child
5. Use overprotective supervision
6. talk excessively to your child (when rebuking)
7. Insist on blind obedience
8. Pamper and overindulge your child
9. Use inconsistent rules and limits.
10. Use rules which are inappropriate to the child’s age.
11. Use moralizing and quiet-inducing methods.
12. Give any command you do not intend to enforce.
Taken from Pastor Holub, Fellowship Baptist Church